Sedex is a worldwide nonprofit organization, numbering tens of thousands of member firms. Through the Sedex Advance platform, these businesses manage and share data on their performance on social responsibility, work practices, the environment and health and safety. EUROCERT is an authorized entity on the Sedex (Affiliate Audit Company) platform for the use of Sedex Advance and the conduct of inspections according to the Sedex Members Ethical Trade Audit.
The SMETA is the inspection methodology developed by Sedex members in order to have a single protocol with principles, which will be implemented by business and will be controlled by recognized inspectors.
The main pillars for SMETA assessment are the following:
- Working conditions
- Health & Safety
- Working hours
- Business ethics
Upon completion of the inspection and the satisfaction of any noncompliance, the relevant report is issued, which is "upgraded" to the Sedex platform and made available to the suppliers / customers selected by the company.
The main benefits of the SMETA inspection and subscription to Sedex are the following:
• Obtaining a comparative market advantage, especially for companies with export activity
• Up-to-date information through the Sedex platform, suppliers and customers regarding the successful implementation and inspection of SEMTA
• A key tool for shaping and managing a business's sustainability strategy
• Multi-level inspection covering different areas
• Mobilization and active involvement of staff
• Continuously improving its performance in economic, social and environmental terms
• Added value to the principles of sustainability and social responsibility already applied by a company
WHY WITH EUROCERT S.A.
• Because we are the largest Greek independent certification body accredited by the ESYD, with offices in more than 25 countries worldwide. Certification with Eurocert means evaluation and acceptance by an accredited and accredited certification body
• Because we are the only Greek certification body accredited by the US SAAS accreditation body in 2009 to conduct inspections according to the most recognizable standard for social responsibility, SA8000
• Because we are the leading certification body in the field of social responsibility and accountability with experience in certification according to SA8000, Sedex and Ethos
• Because we have competent and experienced staff and associates who, as inspectors and / or technical experts, carry out inspections and high value added audits for your company
• Because we are able to provide your company with a complete solution for certification of management systems by providing accreditation for a very wide range of certification services
Management Systems Certification Director - Chemical Engineer ΝTUA, MSc
email: [email protected]
Tel: +30 2106252495
Mobile: +30 6981323205
I am interested